Facebook launched WhatsApp Business API in August 2018 with a vision for the organizations to scale their business and reach out to users in a much better manner on WhatsApp itself. WhatsApp Business API allows businesses to perform the following actions:
1. Implementing WhatsApp chatbots and automating responses
2. Sending WhatsApp broadcast to thousands of users
3. Sending automated notifications like payment reminders, delivery updates etc. via your own systems/CRM
4. Availing Verified WhatsApp Green Tick on your business account.
5. Managing Multiple Human Agent Chats on the Same Whatsapp Mobile Number
But it is just an API, which means businesses will have to develop their own dashboard for Live Chat, Chatbot and Broadcasting messages to their users once they get access to the Official Whatsapp Business API. Hence, we developed the AiSensy platform which fulfils all these requirements along with lot more features like In-built WhatsApp CRM, Smart Campaign Manager & API based Campaigns.
Getting Access to the API is a process via an application that WhatsApp reviews.
You Almost Cannot get access to the API if you apply for it directly to WhatsApp, Currently Businesses are availing access to API only via Whatsapp Partners. AiSensy is an official WhatsApp ISV(Independent Software Vendor), we help you procure the API within 2-3 days. Click here to apply for the WhatsApp Business API.
Also, AiSensy Processes your complete API Application for FREE.
Yes, the dashboard provided by the AiSensy is compatible with both laptops and mobile. So you can use your WhatsApp Business API account on the phone as well.
Yes, a business can procure multiple WhatsApp Business APIs for different departments in the business such as Finance, Sales, Customer Support, Procurement, etc. There is one thing to note here, all these WhatsApp Business APIs will be procured on different mobile numbers.
Any phone number can be upgraded to WhatsApp Business API provided the number isn’t active on any of the WhatsApp Apps. So, if a number is registered on WhatsApp App and one needs to get the API on the same number, the WhatsApp Account must be deleted. There is one thing to note here: Once a number is upgraded to a WhatsApp Business API number, it can not be downgraded.Here is How you can Delete your Whatsapp Business App before Applying for the API:
1. Open WhatsApp
2. Tap More Options (three dots) > Settings > Account > Delete My Account
3. Enter your phone number in full international format and tap DELETE MY ACCOUNT
4. Select a reason for why you’re deleting your account in the dropdown
5. Tap DELETE MY ACCOUNT
Chat on Whatsapp