WhatsApp is one of the majorly used messaging platforms in today’s world. And it’s obvious that your Business can reach your customers much easily and effortlessly through WhatsApp!
What are you waiting for then?? Okay – Got stuck in choosing between WhatsApp business app and WhatsApp business api? Don’t worry, we got you covered!
Let us get started with Whatsapp!
WhatsApp has become one of the most important part of almost everyone’s life! We not only share messages to our friends and family, but also to our colleagues. So it also plays a major role in our career.
Let us discuss about how businesses are using WhatsApp for their own good in this article. We will start by knowing all about WhatsApp.
It is a fast, simple, secure messaging and calling application, that is available on phones all over the world, including
- iPhone, and even
- Mac or Windows PC.
WhatsApp Messenger is owned by Facebook Inc and allows users to send text message and voice messages, make voice and video calls, and also allows to share images, documents, user locations, and other media.
It became the world’s most popular messaging application by 2015 and has over 2 billion users worldwide. It has become the primary means of electronic communication in multiple countries and locations, including Latin America, the Indian subcontinent, and large parts of Europe and Africa. This popularity of WhatsApp can be used for businesses for various reasons.
WhatsApp in businesses
Conversational Marketing is the approach of encouraging one-to-one conversations with customers at scale and is becoming increasingly important for enterprise companies, leading to increased interest in utilizing WhatsApp for business use. For helping businesses to communicate with customers at a scale via Whatsapp, they came up with two new tools!
- WhatsApp Business App
- WhatsApp Business API
Whatsapp has a various features that helps it to sustain as a top messaging application. Some common features include
- WhatsApp Web,
- WhatsApp Payments,
- End-to-end encryption,
- Voice and Video calls,
- Share documents, location, etc.,
WhatsApp Business can be used based on your own required may it be for commercial or for marketing or even for support, but choosing the right one can play a major role!
The first and foremost difference is based on whether your business is either Small or Large. The features and capabilities for small and large will differ significantly. Other differences could be based on the number of customers, the number of employees, service type, and so on.
WhatsApp Business APP:
WhatsApp Business APP is built for all the small business owners. This is basically free to download and use. The app makes it easy to personally connect with your customers, highlight your products and services, and answer their questions throughout their shopping experience.
Let us take the example of a Small scale Bakery or a cake shop! WhatsApp Business App helps this small scale business in the following ways.
- It helps in creating a business profile with helpful information for customers including address, business description, email address, and website.
- It lets the business to show the catalog that will showcase all the products and services offered.
- Quick replies help in saving and reusing the messages that are frequently sent so the answers to common questions can be sent in no time.
- It helps in organizing contacts or chats with the help of labels so that they can be easily found again.
- It lets you set an away message or other automated messages when you are unable to answer.
- It also allows you to create a greeting message to introduce your customers to your business.
WhatsApp Business API:
WhatsApp Business API is built basically for medium and large businesses and powers the communication with customers all over the world, and connect with them on WhatsApp in a simple, secure, and reliable way.
- For creating a business profile with helpful information for your customers like your address, business description, email address, and website.
- Helps in sending customers the information they are expecting where they want to receive it. Respond to questions and provide support.
- Designed for larger companies that receive a large volume of messages, which can no longer be handled by the Business App.
- This also allows the businesses to connect the Business API with their WhatsApp Business Solution or to the WhatsApp CRM.
So basically the WhatsApp Business APP and WhatsApp Business API has its own features and used for different use cases. The one more major difference is that the Business API requires an approval from the WhatsApp before you launch them.